Econotech offers industry standard testing to assure the quality of wood pellets. Our certified ISO and ENplus services give trading parties the confidence to move forward with contracts, movement and subsequent use in industrial and residential applications.
We are strong in biofuels and also engage with pellet operations to help them succeed.
- Determine suitability and market value of feedstock material
- Monitor feed quality and manage feedstock blending
- Troubleshoot pellet formation problems
- Develop novel products, eg. pellets made from agricultural residues.
- Monitor fuel feeds for boiler control
- Troubleshoot boiler problems such as slagging and fouling
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations
Would You Like to Talk with an Expert?
Fuel certification tests can be found below. See our Biofuels service page or Find a Test for general fuel properties testing of plant biomass.
|Service Area||Test||Test Method|
|Wood Pellets||Ash Content||ISO 18122|
|Wood Pellets||Ash Melting Behaviour||ISO 21204 – Oxidizing Atmosphere|
|Wood Pellets||Bulk Density||ISO 17828|
|Wood Pellets||Calorific Value||ISO 18125|
|Wood Pellets||Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen||ISO 16948|
|Wood Pellets||Chlorine and Sulfur||ISO 16994|
|Wood Pellets||Diameter and Length||ISO 17829|
|Wood Pellets||Fines Content||ISO 18846|
|Wood Pellets||Mechanical Durability||ISO 17831-1|
|Wood Pellets||Metals – Trace||By ICP (Incl. As, Cd, Cr, C, Pb,Hg, Zn)|
|Wood Pellets||Moisture Content||ISO 18134-1, ISO 18134-2|
|Wood Pellets||Oxygen||ISO 16993|
|Wood Pellets||Particle Density||ISO 18847|
|Wood Pellets||PSD of disintegrated||ISO 17827-2 / ISO 17830|