Determining the cause of operational or product quality issues often relies on identifying unknown materials. Understanding the composition of externally sourced additives or chemical components can assist with correct application and troubleshooting. Econotech uses analytical techniques and our extensive pulp and paper knowledge to characterize samples of unknown cause, origin, or design. The results provide you with additional insight to help you overcome your challenges.
Some examples of what we do:
- Identify deposits and scale types, and suggest possible causes
- Characterize paper coatings or filler materials
- Identify unknowns in lines, tanks, and other equipment
- Analyze print defects and surface contaminants
- Determine the cause of physical streaks and holes in paper
- Identify contaminants including plastics in pulp and paper