Pulping and Bleaching Trials
Econotech´s experienced pulping and bleaching staff will provide rapid and reliable results for what you need to analyze and improve your product. We provide a one stop, full service operation for everything from Chipping and Screening, through Pulping and Bleaching, to Pulp Strength, Liquor and Effluent testing.
Some examples of what we do:
- Evaluation of agricultural and non-wood fiber sources, e.g. grasses, bagasse, bamboo and others
- Kraft pulping simulations include batch, continuous, extended delignification and low energy batch technologies
- Soda-AQ cooks (often for non-woods), as well as sulfite and PHK cooks for specialty cellulose (dissolving grades)
- Full range of bleaching chemistry for oxygen delignification, ECF and TCF sequences for reduced AOX and environmental impact
- Confidential product, process and bio-energy development
- Impact of changes in fiber supply, e.g. species mix, rot, chip size or thickness
- Optimize pulp yield, energy savings and product quality
- Benchmark and monitor process performance
- Independent evaluation of process additives including anthraquinone
- Laboratory and pilot plant support for mill Technical and Corporate Product Development departments
Our facilities include chipping and chip classification equipment, processing equipment for non-wood furnishes, small bomb cooking, pilot scale digesters for batch and simulated continuous cooking, liquor recovery and recirculation, and a range of bleach plant options. We have a history of assisting mills – and equipment or chemical suppliers – to evaluate their pulping and bleaching operations.